Saturday

Phirate - Third Party Forum

2/17/08 06:35

We have stated previously that we do not intend, at this time, to switch over to a third-party forum solution. It relates to future plans and the level of integration we want to achieve.

I understand that the existing forum does not offer the full suite of features something like vbulletin does (although I admit in a number of cases this is by design), however we have limited resources at this time.

Regardless, any attempt to integrate a third-party forum would require significant development resource on an unfamiliar platform in order to integrate even to the level that the existing forum is, and then I'd have to go and switch off all the stuff I explicitly designed out of this one anyway..

Basically, at this time I do not foresee any likelihood of us moving to another forum system. I'm still open to argument on this topic, but please take the above into consideration.

No comments: